Music Theory Comprehensive Complete: Part 7, 8, & 9
Anyone in any country, and any age, who is ready to start learning music in a fun, casual, and informative way. This course is designed for anyone who has wondered about music theory and is ready to fully explore it. Songwriters, producers, and instrumentalists will benefit from this course by understanding music on a deeper level.
Music Theory Comprehensive Complete: Part 7, 8, & 9 Prices
** UDEMY BEST SELLER **
Welcome to the COMPLETE Music Theory Guide!
This is a class designed for the average person who is ready to take music theory (or music interest) and turn it into a usable skill. Whether you are an active musician or an aspiring musician, this class is perfect for you.
For years I’ve been teaching Music Theory in the college classroom. These classes I’m making for Udemy use the same syllabus I’ve used in my college classes for years, at a fraction of the cost. I believe anyone can learn Music Theory – and cost shouldn’t be a barrier.
My approach to music theory is to minimize the memorization. Most of these concepts you can learn by just understanding why chords behave in certain ways. Once you understand those concepts, you can find any scale, key, or chord that exists. Even invent your own. If you’ve tried to learn music theory before, or if you are just starting out – this series of courses is the perfect fit.
Dr. Allen is a professional musician, top-rated Udemy instructor, and university professor. In 2017 the Star Tribune featured him as a “Mover and a Shaker,” and he is recognized by the Grammy Foundation for his music education classes.
This class is a Comprehensive class – it will have many parts, going through my entire annual curriculum.
MUSIC THEORY COMPREHENSIVE COMBINED: PARTS, 7, 8 AND 9 is three courses in one: It includes my three top Music Theory Comprehensive courses: Part 7: Harmonic Expansion, Part 8: New Progressions, and Part 9: Diminished.
Throughout this class, If you get stuck, you can review the videos or post a question, and I’ll back to it as fast as possible (within a day).
In this class, we will cover:
- Tools of Counterpoint
- How Inversion Names Work
- 7th Chord Inversion Names
- The Chordal 7th
- Root Position V7 – I Resolutions in SATB Voicing
- Inversions of V7 – I Resolutions in SATB Voicing
- Exceptions to Voice Leading
- Doubling Concerns in 7th Chords
- Figured Bass
- Figured Bass and Roman Numerals
- Studying with Bach
- “Realizing” Figured Bass
- The Pre-Dominant Phrasing Area
- Moving from Root Position IV to V Without Parallels
- Predominant 7th Chords
- Harmonization Steps
- Finding Cadences
- Finding the Right Chord Progression
- Finding the Right Inversions
- The Cadential 6/4
- Chord Function
- Writing Cadential 6/4 Chords
- Neighboring 6/4 Chords
- Pedal 6/4 Chords
- Writing Neighboring 6/4 Chords
- The Arpeggiating 6/4 Chord
- Parallelism in Music
- New Analysis Notations
- The V7 as a Tonic Expansion
- Other V7 Expansions
- The Double-Neighbor V7 Expansion
- Submediant Expansions
- Chord Progression Sequences
- Descending Fifth Progressions
- Descending Sequences in Minor
- Other Fifth Related Sequences
- Making a Quick Key Change
- Part-Writing with Descending Fifth Sequences
- Descending Third Sequences
- Descending Thirds in Minor
- Ascending Third Progressions
- Progressions by Second
- 4-Voiced Progressions by Second
- Analysis: Canon in D
- Analysis: Bach, Cello Suite No. 1
- Finding Chords in Monophonic Music
- Finding Chord Function in Bach
- Secondary Dominant
- Key Modulation
- Changing Keys
- Practicing Harmonization
- Melodies for Practice
- Worksheets and Music for Practice
- …and much, much more!
And of course, once you sign up for this class, you automatically get huge discounts to all the upcoming parts of this class.
You will not have another opportunity to learn Music Theory in a more comprehensive way than this.
All the tools you need to successfully learn Music Theory are included in this course and the entire course is based on real-life experiences – not just academic theory.
Please click the “Take This Course” button so you can launch your music career today.
This course is perfect for prep for the Praxis II Test (ETS Praxis Music), The ABRSM Music Theory Exam (up to Grade 8), AP Music Theory Exam, College Placement Exams (Music Theory), and other common secondary and post-secondary placement exams.
** I guarantee that this course is the most thorough music theory course available ANYWHERE on the market – or your money back (30 day money back guarantee) **
Closed captions have been added to all lessons in this course.
Praise for Courses by Jason Allen:
⇢ “It seems like every little detail is being covered in an extremely simple fashion. The learning process becomes relaxed and allows the complex concepts to get obsorbed easily. My only regret is not taking this course earlier.” – M. Shah
⇢ “Great for everyone without any knowledge so far. I bought all three parts… It’s the best investment in leveling up my skills so far..” – Z. Palce
⇢ “Excellent explanations! No more or less than what is needed.” – A. Tóth
⇢ “VERY COOL. I’ve waiting for years to see a good video course, now I don’t have to wait anymore. Thank You!” – Jeffrey Koury
⇢ “I am learning LOTS! And I really like having the worksheets!” – A. Deichsel
⇢ “The basics explained very clearly – loads of really useful tips!” – J. Pook
⇢ “Jason is really quick and great with questions, always a great resource for an online class!” M. Smith
Students who register for this course will receive ongoing exclusive content and discounts to all future classes in the series.
- Anyone in any country, and any age, who is ready to start learning music in a fun, casual, and informative way.
- This course is designed for anyone who has wondered about music theory and is ready to fully explore it.
- Songwriters, producers, and instrumentalists will benefit from this course by understanding music on a deeper level.
- All prices mentioned above are in United States dollar.
- This product is available at Udemy.
- At udemy.com you can purchase Music Theory Comprehensive Complete: Part 7, 8, & 9 for only $74.99
- The lowest price of Music Theory Comprehensive Complete: Part 7, 8, & 9 was obtained on 24 May 2020 8:32 pm.